What Information We Collect From You
1. When you comment on this site, the publishing system software captures your IP address, time of comment, and requires you to submit an e-mail address.
2. I have site counters on this site which operate via cookies.
3. Any link-referral systems (e.g., for iTunes or Amazon) collect information required to operate via cookies. I am currently a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. (Amazon told me to write that sentence in that way, which is why it sounds clunky.) I also have an affiliate link to iTunes. At the time of this writing, I use such links comparatively rarely.
How We Use That Information
1. The software filters out some comments as spam, presumably based in part upon IP and e-mail addresses. I don't use your IP address at all; I don't use your e-mail address except if I am notifying you that you are a contest winner.
2. I review site usage data on an aggregate basis.
3. Regarding the link-referral systems of iTunes and Amazon, I don't get to see any of that individually-attributable information -- I receive it on an aggregated basis.
So that's it. If there's something you think I've left unclear, let me know in the comments and I'll try to address it accordingly.